Theme : Prefer
Item Version : 1.0.0
Author : Template Sell
Support Site : Template Sell Support
Thank you so much for using Prefer.
Prefer is a free WordPress theme with a grid layout and masonry layout. It is very simple and easy to use the theme.
Follow the detailed instructions to use the theme more effectively. You can download the demo data if you need.
At first, see the documentation. Try to figure out the solution before asking us. We are always ready to provide support at any time. Just contact us.
Let’s get started!
You can install Polite theme using two methods.
- From WordPress Dashboard
- Using Cpanel/FTP
Installing Polite theme from WordPress dashboard is really easy. So, we recommend you to use that method.
1.1 Using WordPress Dashboard
- Login to your WordPress website
- Go to the Appearance > Themes > Add New
- Next, Search the theme name Prefer
- Click on Install and then Activate.
Now, theme Polite is successfully installed and activated.
Now, please check all the options of the theme inside Appearance > Customize. You can change the site layouts and blog design from the available settings.
1.2 FTP Installation
FTP stands for “File Transfer Protocol” and can be done via any number of FTP applications, such as FileZilla.
- First, download the theme Polite. Click here to download.
- On your computer, Unzip this package you’ve just downloaded.(If you are using Mac, it will Unzip it directly) Within, you’ll find a file titled “prefer.zip”.
- Login to your FTP. (You can consult with the hosting provider for the details if you don’t have).
- Browse to wp-content > themes.
- Upload the folder of theme files.
- Now, go to your WordPress dashboard and then themes. Next, click on Activate the Polite theme.
2. Demo Data
If you want to import the demo data for this theme, do the following things.
- Install and Activate One Click Demo Import Plugin
- After that, go to Import Demo Data under Appearance
- Now, Download the Demo Data files
- Extract that file and upload the XML, WIE and DAT file on the respected field.
- Click on Import and wait for few minutes.
Note: You can check all the options inside Appearance > Customize and see the available options.
3. Regenerating Thumbnail Images
If the images are not properly set on your website, then you need to regenerate the images.
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins
- Click on Add New
- Search plugin Regenerate Thumbnails
- Click on Install and then Activate
Note: If you are using this theme for the new site, you don’t need to regenerate the images. Theme itself crop the required image.
4. Adding Post and Pages
- From your admin dashboard go to Posts
- Click on Add New
- Enter the title and add the content.
- Click on Publish to publish the post.
See here for more detailed instructions.
5. Theme Customizer
All the options of the themes are under Appearance > Customize > Prefer Theme Options.
5.1 Logo Upload
To upload the logo,
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity
- Select the Logo
- Upload the logo you want to add.
- Click on Publish to save the changes.
5.2 Change Site Color
Do you want to change the whole site color? This theme has primary color option to do that.
This theme comes with Primary Menu, Footer Menu and Social Menu.
- This menu will appear on the Main menu for the site below the logo section.
- Create a menu and add the items on the menu.
- Set the menu on the Primary Menu.
- Save the Menu
See here to know how to make Menu in WordPress.
- This menu appears in the Top of the site.
- Create a menu and select the Top Menu.
- Save the menu.
- Social Menu is required for the Social Widget.
- Add the link for social Menu(Use Custom Link to create this menu)
- In custom link, add link for Facebook Menu(www.facebook.com/username)
- Add the menu and follow the same steps for twitter, Instagram.
- Select the Social Menu for this.
- If the preview is fine, Click on Save & Publish to save the changes.
5.4 Header Search and Off Canvas
- See Appearance > Customize > Prefer Theme Options > Top Header
5.5 Slider Setting
- See Appearance > Customize > Prefer Theme Options > Slider Settings
5.6 Boxes Below Slider Setting
- See Appearance > Customize > Prefer Theme Options > Boxes Below Slider Settings
5.7 Blog Page Setting
5.8 Single Page Setting
5.11 Breadcrumb Settings
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Widgets > Off Canvas Sidebar
Do you still need more settings? Please check the premium version.